There are many things that can be dangerous about being smart. When it comes down to it, our brain is our most important weapon. If it comes down to two people, and they each have a gun, the smarter one is the one that is more likely to not get shot.
You can talk your way out of things when your smart, and manipulate others into doing what you want. You would be amazed at some of the things that people can manipulate, it can hurt a lot of people. Just look at lawyers, they are really smart and they do whatever it takes to win their case no matter what it cost them, no matter who they are hurting. They don't care if they are right or wrong.
Some criminals have been really smart and that's why they've gotten away with so many things. It is dangerous to be smart when you have bad intentions. Being smart is not only dangerous it is having power.
Hey Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your lawyer point of view it’s a good example on how badly you can take advantage of being smart no matter how wrong it can be. Being smart really does have a way of getting what you want and having the power. There is also a disadvantage of being smart also in a work environment the boss is liable to give you all the hard work because of being smart any less intelligent people you associate with will usually be asking for your help because they don’t understand it. So it's not always good to be smarter.
Krystal
Hello Brittany
ReplyDeleteI did not think of being smart as a disadvantage until reading your comments. I guess you can be to smart for your own good if you are on the wrong path. In this reading I think Alexie felt that by being smart the other children might give him grief because they were so trying to fit in the mold society had set up for them.
BetteJo
Hi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your ideas! I think the fruits of inquiry and critical thinking can sometimes alienate people or make people uncomfortable when new ideas challenge ideas that are considered normal. It was dangerous for Alexie to be smart because his intelligence challenged existing beliefs about indigenous people.
Lauren
Hi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you that being smart could be dangerous. I have a 7yr old nephew who is very smart. He is smarter then all the kids in his class and get very bored with school so he acts up and causes problems in class. I think thats what happens to the smart people that commit crimes.
I really like the way you put that. Being smart can be dangerous and I never put it the way you did. The lawyer example really points out how being smart is dangerous because it can hurt people!
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw this question on the main page I didnt really know what I would say about how intelligence is dangerous but I really like your response. The lawyer thing is a really good way to sum all of this up, you can be dangerous in a good or bad way.
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteI agree with your stament that being smart is dangerous. The more you know can and will help you get into and out of trouble. The way that you tied in the lawyer was great, thanks for making me think..
Thank you
Benjamin
Definitely agree with you that intelligence is dangerous. Being intelligent will give you the advantage of using other peoples weaknesses. You develop a keen sense of manipulation. If you think about it really, it's awesome and super frightening at the same time.
ReplyDeletei agree that an education can be dangerous, i feel that intelligence can be ether a good thing or a bad thing depending on who's hands it is in. like you said i can be extremely detrimental in the hands of a killer, yet save lives in the operating room or in the lab coming up with cancer medicine.
ReplyDelete