In Rules for Writers CH 2 by Diana Hacker the main focus is writing your rough draft. For your rough draft you want to think about ideas and organization, keeping your lists, brainstorming, notes, etc.. close by. A very important part of your introduction is your thesis or main point, you want to make sure you have supportive evidence when developing your thesis. A thesis is like a contract with your reader. Next, develop your thesis with the body paragraphs. The body is all the supportive details to your thesis. Finally bring it all together with your conclusion. Remind your readers what they wrote, and try spicing it up a bit.
This will definitely help me because I know I need to work on organization. What usually works for me, is preparing an outline with these exact guidelines. If I do this I can remember organization first, otherwise I will just start writing and have no idea where I'm going with it. It is important to have organization so that your reader can follow along easier and understand exactly what your trying to say.
Hi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteCouple points that I noticed in your writing were that it seemed you want to finish your writing faster which your reader will notice. It is good to read your own writing so you can see your word mistakes. I also wanted to mention that in writing it is not a good idea to replace a word to abbreviations that are not familiar like CH instead of chapter.