Thursday, November 4, 2010

This is What it Means to say Phoenix, Arizona

I liked the story better because I could focus just on the story. I wasn't trying to figure anything out, I knew who the characters were. I knew what they looked like and how  they acted from the movie so the story made it really clear and I felt more emotionally attached to the characters. It was almost as if it seemed more real.

One difference that was interesting was how Thomas's parents didn't die in the fire. In the story his father died in the military and his mother died giving birth to him. I like the way Thomas talks he comes across as really wise, like how he says "She took her last breath" when he was talking about her giving birth to him with her last breath, it's beautiful.  Thomas is my favorite character.  When they dismissed the way Thomas's parents died in the fire and changed it it's like they took away the whole meaning of the movie.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany,

    Your post has me thinking about the way characters are constructed by writers. Part of their task is to create multi-dimensional, dynamic characters who seem human. There's definitely something about the character Thomas that is appealing. His quirkiness is endearing.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany,

    I really enjoy our post and how you bring up the fine details in the story. You did a good job of comparing the differences between the movie and the writen story, I like how you compare the two different deaths of victors parents and their specific meaning in the story. I also liked the way that you focused in on the small parts of the story and showed their importance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I like the way that you compare the two different versions of the story. The movie to me was easier to relate too, the written story was not as easy for me. I like how the Thomas is portrayed in the movie as well.
    Thank you
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brittany

    I agree with you I liked the story more then I liked the movie. I also felt like there was more attachment to the story then the movie. Thomas was also my favorite character everybody thought he was crazy but the truth was that he was just a very caring person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brittany,

    I differ I liked the movie a whole lot more than the story, for me it was harder to sympathize with the characters in the story and I hated that they changed how Thomas’ parents died.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete