Saturday, August 14, 2010

Introductions Dialogue

My name is Brittany, I have been a student at the J.C. for a year now and I am majoring in social and behavioral sciences. I plan to get my AA and Transfer to Sonoma State. I grew up in Santa Rosa, and I hope to accomplish new learning skills in this class, along with the basic skills that may need work.  I have always enjoyed writing. I am very good at spelling, but I definitely have room for improvement in my grammar and punctuation.

I do things usually pretty last minute, but I try to pace myself. When I am actually doing my work,  I do like to take my time and make it perfect. I do not like being rushed at all because I feel that I can't do my best and put 100 percent into my work, at least if I have enough time I know that I can blame it all on myself and my lack of knowledge rather than the fact that I didn't have enough time to finish it.  The main reason I usually do things last minute is because I have an 8 month old baby and all I want to do is spend time with her! She is my whole life I love being a mom, and she is absolutely gorgeous. It's the most amazing experience.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany:

    You are so lucky to be a mom. My boys have been my life. They are all but grown now, and on to the next generation, grandchildren. I wish I would have done things different in my life when I was younger, like you are doing, college. But I have been told, never to late. What an amazing goal you have. Best of luck. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brittany,

    My name is Mattie. I know what you mean about wanting to spend all your time with your baby girl. I just had my second baby 3 months ago. I have a 5yr boy and a 3 month old girl. My kids are my life. What is you girls name? Good luck with every thing and enjoy her they grow up so fast. Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brittany,

    Welcome to our class and congratulations on having a baby! I remember what it's like to be in school with a newborn and a toddler; I have two girls. It sounds like you're managing your time well!

    Take care,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brittany,

    I think it's such a great thing that you have a baby and are still furthering yourself in your education. My girlfriend also has a child, she's almost five now, but since her daughter was 18 months my girlfriend worked and went to school to make better lives for them both. From being around them the past couple of years I've realized it takes a lot of hard work and dedication, but when it's all over with, you and your daughter will reap the benefits. As for the last minute thing, something I tell my girlfriend and help her with is getting her daughter to bed early so she can have enough time at night to take care of what she needs to. That's just one way you can take advantage of a few hours a day, but I'm sure you have your own method. I hope the best for you this semester!

    Good Luck,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brittany,
    I've also always been good at spelling and feel the same way about grammar and punctuation. Congratulations on your baby girl! It's such an incredible life changing experience. I felt the same way when my daugther was a baby. Now she's pre-teen and things are getting scary! Enjoy every minute you can with your baby.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Brittany
    Congrates on your little girl. I have 2 sons who went to Sonoma State it is a great school. It is hard to balance family and school but I am sure you will do it. Remember to take time for yourself too.

    BetteJo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brittany, I think having a child makes you push to better yourself because now you have another future to look forward to. Thats how I feel at least since our little girl was born 3 months ago. I don't feel content to be stagnant, and I'm constantly thinking of getting to the next level.
    I hear what your saying about being rushed. I believe you get better quality if you take the time to do it right, so timing and planning are everything.

    Good Luck

    EStrang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brittany,
    I have the same situation like you, have a 3 year old daughter which takes a lot of time and attention and you feel guilty basically when you have to do something else beside being with her, that is a mom thing. I also don't like to be rushed to do things and I need lots of time and concentration to do my best and that is why I do most my homework at the last moment.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brittnay,
    I try to get my work done early; unfortunately it does not always work out that way. I can only imagine how hard it must be to make time for school when you have a child, but I am glad you were willing to take on the challenge.
    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brittany:

    As a fellow mother, I can relate to you in that all you want to do is spend time with your baby. My two boys take up all of my time and it's only when they are asleep that I can really get to my school work. My husband tries to help, but they are such momma's boys that no one else will do when I'm around.

    I don't know if you attend school in person as well as online, but I am so thankful for these online classes. They are so convenient for parents as they enable us to stay home with our children while accomplishing something very important; an education!

    Take care and have a great semester!

    Sandra Brunner-Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Brittany,

    My name is Andrea. I can totally relate to doing things last minute!! I just became a mom eight weeks ago. I also have a beautiful baby girl. It is an amazing experience being a mom. It is a ton of work, but it is so much fun. I wish you the best of luck this semester and in your goals!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete