Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Freewriting Excercises Dialogue
A freewrite is when you write for atleast ten minutes straight without stopping. There are no rules in a freewrite, you can write whatever you want and if you don't know what to write you can write I do not know what to write and then go on. You can write that over and over until you figure it out, the key is to never stop writing. It is helpful because you can pull out some brilliant work out of all the garbage that you write. Sometimes there will be a little bit of writing that will be great from freewriting and it will be a lot better than if you were to sit there and think of what to write. I felt like the reading had a lot of personality to it, like someone was actually talking to me rather than plain factual information, it kept me more interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did this feel very different for you? Have you ever had the opportunity or heard about freewriting in the past? It was hard for me to write continuously for 10 minutes, because in the past I always thought about every word I was going to write. My writing previously took a long time. Barb
ReplyDeleteHi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI love your point: "It is helpful because you can pull out some brilliant work out of all the garbage that you write." I think it's so true! In my own writing, I sometimes have to wander through my messy ideas to determine what's even worth including in an actual piece of writing that I'd share with an audience; some of it is garbage, but some of the ideas are great.
Thanks for your insights!
Lauren
Hi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI like how you said you can even put out brillant work with that garbage freewrite! I'm not very good at freewrites and have trouble thinking of ideas to write about. Hopefully this class changes that!
I thought the reading was super interesting as well. It really did feel like the author was talking directly to the reader. It put certain aspects of doing a freewrite into perspective that other teachers failed to point out. I never really got the point of doing a freewrite until reading the short essay.
ReplyDeleteHi Britany,
ReplyDeletei really loved the reading and thought it was super helpful. I myself had trouble with freewrite, becausae im not use to stopping and im like a correct freak. I like to correct my spelling and it was really hard for me. Hopefully with more freewrites ill be a little bit better than the last one we had. Goodluck.
Myra a
Hi, I really hated free writing before because it made no sense to me at all. Now I see its not purpose to be like any other essay, its just thoughts and ideas. I like the fact that I don't have to think about what I'm writing, it could be anything I want it to be. I enjoyed reading ur blog :)
ReplyDeleteShaina